Builders Exchange of Kentucky, founded in 1927, is a full service
construction trade association with a membership of around 1000
consisting of contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers,
manufacturer representatives and others .. more
Builders Exchange of Kentucky offers many services and benefits to firms in the industry.
The list below, while not comprehensive, gives a recap of the primary
services that are offered. Contact the Exchange for additional
1. The Exchange provides a Plan Room where members may review plans and
specs that are on file. Plan Room hours are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Monday Through Friday.
2. Plans may be taken out of the Plan Room for overnight and weekend
use on a reservation basis. Plans reserved may be picked up between
4:15 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. and must be returned by 8:30 A.M. the next day
except for the weekend period.
3. The Exchange is interested in getting plans and specs on all work
for the Plan Room. If you are aware of a project that we do not have,
please advise us and we will attempt to secure the project.
4. Printers and copiers are available for printing sheets of specifications at a nominal charge.
5. An engineering copier is available for copying sheets of drawings at a nominal charge.
6. The Exchange publishes a downloadable weekly construction report for
members. The Newsletter reports on construction projects in Kentucky
and Indiana and lists job title and description, project cost when
available, architect, engineer, owner, bid date, addenda information,
where bids are being taken, bids received, awards, contract amounts,
bidder and planholder lists, and other news and information of interest
to the membership.
7. The Exchange produces a "daily update" report which lists new
projects, addenda and bid date extensions that are received each day.
This report is faxed or e-mailed to members each evening to keep you
"updated" on the projects you are interested in.
8. The Exchange provides an online planroom where members can access
all of our construction project information 24 hours a day, 7 day a
week. Plans, specs and addenda may also be viewed online.
9. Ad space is available in our weekly Newsletter. Contact our office for details.
10. The weekly Newsletter and our website may be used to advertise
items for sale, announcements, positions open and seminars or classes
related to construction. Let us know if you have an address or
telephone number change and we will announce it in our Newsletter.
11. A group Insurance Program which offers health, life, disability and
other lines of coverage for salaried and hourly paid personnel is
available to member firms. There are participation requirements. This
provides you with rates often only available to large employers.
12. A very successful self-insured workers compensation program is
available to member firms. There are participation requirements.
13. Free Notary Service is provided to Exchange members in our office.
14. Names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers of contractors,
architects and engineers in Kentucky and surrounding states are
maintained in our office. A sizeable file of out-of-area telephone
directories is maintained at the Exchange Office.
15. Seminars are held periodically to assist our members on topics which are important to them.
16. The newly constructed Training Rooms are available to member firms,
architects, engineers and construction associations on a reservation
basis. Architects and engineers are specifically invited to use the
room for pre-bid conferences and bid openings.
17. The Exchange is a retail outlet for all R.S. Means cost data and
estimating publications. Firms purchase these publications at 20% off
the regular price.
18. The Exchange maintains a liaison with numerous other construction industry organizations.
19. The Exchange sponsors a Summer Outing/Golf Tournament for member firms and their guests.